TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lemmie guess, you're using a Win OS right?
People Seeking Info

Subject Lemmie guess, you're using a Win OS right?

Posted by Ba11erz (MD) on September 09, 2011 at 11:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 942 times.

In Reply To Re: IMO, both companies are thumbs up. posted by tjcaustin on September 09, 2011 at 09:16 PM

Message you're comment "...more to do with design thievery." is lending merit to what case?

Windows and Apple are just the tip of the iceberg.

What about the iPod vs. Zune?

Do you see a pattern?

A manufactured aftermarket part is not intellectual property unless the idea is [truly] original.

For instance: if we discuss the case of AMS vs. MSP manifolds...when you take a closer look, they are not identical rather similar.

It's obvious though one out-performs the other.

They both however are an improved design from the original manifold found on the Z32.

The combustion engine manifold was designed many years prior which make it fair game to refine the original idea.

So if your argument is AMS stole from MSP, seems to me, has no distinction.

I will agree they have similarities but no authenticity when compared to the original design of the manifold.

If there are Patents floating around for the MSP manifolds then the case should be reviewed by legal authorities and ultimately decided by the justice system.

Otherwise you don't lend credibility to your position that "design thievery" is involved.

I respect your opinion like many enthusiasts here on TT.net that design similarities have somehow undermined the hard work put into R&D of Mom and Pop shops.

Oh by the way, Patents protect the interests of the designer for developing something that meets the aforementioned criteria.

Boycott if you must nonetheless, but you're witnessing capitalism among Z aftermarket companies.

I don't see the harm.

Personally, I buy parts that fit my budget, style, and are most aesthetically pleasing to me and my Z :)

Lastly, I would welcome a friendly political discussion just not in this forum on any topics relating to US economics or Federal Government spending. I have studied in both these areas and can share some insight if interested.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.